We are very proud to announce that 30,000,000 frames have been rendered on SheepIt Renderfarm!
Thanks to you, renderers, who made this possible!
For some, it is a hobby, for some businesses and for other just a solution for rendering. We have merged hobbyists and professional people together working and growing on our impressive platform. This great community helped to reach an amazing point where we improved performance, comfort and increased connected computers. Let us thank each one who is connected with a client and is sharing their computer with others. Render faster for free on Sheepit Renderfarm.
For the stats lover here are some:
* 30,148,738 rendered frames
* 303years 120days of cumulated render time
* 78,000 projects created
* 600,000 user sessions created
Since last the big event, a lot of things happened:
* we migrated to a new server. Free space on the hard drive is our main concern, now the new server has 6TB which should be enough for few projects.
* a lot of people asked for filmic support, so we created a special Blender version for that.
A lot of small modifications have been made on the service. Most of them are made to improve the user experience.
* Time and date are displayed in your local time zone.
* You know how many frames or render time you need to do to get the next award.
* Remove flash preview player and replace it by html5 compatible
* You can set the amount of memory or time you are willing to allow for rendering.
* Few tricks to avoid people adding projects without rendering anything.
Everyone who has their machine connected is the reason why we are motivated to keep working on Sheepit.
If you can't share your machine, you can also help keep the project alive by donating.
We would also like to thank Jellepostma who agreed to share his frame.
Blender Conf rewards!October, 24th 2017
Blender 2.79 available!September, 12th 2017
40 million rendered frames!August, 8th 2017
Filmic blender support!February, 23rd 2017
20 million rendered frames!December, 12th 2016
Blender 2.78 available!September, 29th 2016
New website!September, 5th 2016
Blender 2.77a available!March, 23rd 2016
10 millions rendered frames!March, 8th 2016
100 years of rendering!January, 7th 2016
Blender 2.76 available!October, 13th 2015
5 millions rendered frames!July, 5th 2015
Blender 2.75 available!July, 2nd 2015
4 millions rendered frames!May, 14th 2015
Blender 2.74 available!April, 1st 2015
3 millions rendered frames!March, 3rd 2015
Blender 2.73a available!January, 10th 2015
Client source code goes free!November, 20th 2014
2 millions rendered frames!October, 30th 2014
Blender 2.72b available!October, 6th 2014
Blender 2.71 available!June, 26th 2014
1 million rendered frames!May, 11th 2014
Blender 2.70a available!March, 21st 2014
500,000 rendered frames!February, 6th 2014
200,000 rendered frames!November, 12th 2013
Blender 2.69 available!October, 31st 2013
Support of single frameSeptember, 17th 2013
Blender 2.68a available!July, 24th 2013
GPU supportedMay, 27th 2013
Cumulated render time reccord broken!May, 9th 2013
Blender 2.67 available!May, 7th 2013
Blender 2.66a available!May, 6th 2013
Blender 2.65 available!December, 10th 2012